geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Billy Vandory <billy_vand...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.2 + Spring + Hibernate and a Geronimo managed DB Pool with XA driver
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 04:11:16 GMT

Thanks for the answer, would you be able to tell me how I can identify the
global name? Also, I've searched for how to configure this in the openejb
config file, but i can't locate a configuration for a geronimo db pool.
normally, id keep looking, but i really need to get this going..

this project went into performance testing with a workaround (we inject the
PU in the ejb using the @PersistenceContext annotation, then we pass the EM
to the constructor of the DAO. but of course, it caused massive threading
issues on the entity manager.

Btw, I'll have to note that the EntityManager is being injected into the EJB
just fine and can use the DB - that's what's puzzling.  I can't do a JNDI
lookup but the @PersistenceContext has no problems doing it.

You might be asking, well, if the EM is being injected, why are you looking
it up?  The answer is because we need to inject the PU directly into the DAO
via spring, and spring does a JNDI lookup on the DBPool...

I'd really appreciate it if you could send me some config examples, or how
to look it up globally, as you mentioned, i'm really at a dead end with
this.. I've assigned two guys to trace the code, 1 guy to trace why the PU
is being injected and one guy to find out why the JNDI is failing.. but it's
friday at midnight and they want to go home.. :(