geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Billy Vandory <billy_vand...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.2 + Spring + Hibernate and a Geronimo managed DB Pool with XA driver
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 01:43:52 GMT

I'm still having a problem with this.  I've determined it's not spring, it's
most likely just a configuration issue.  The problem is trying to get a
lookup to a global database pool in geronimo.  In an SL-EJB I have:

DataSource ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/testmydb");
Connection con = ds.getConnection();

and my deployment plan for the db looks like (copied from geronimo's show
plan button):

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>jdbc_testmydb</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>car</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>postgresql</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>postgresql-8.2</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version>508.jdbc3</dep:version>
                <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>testmydb</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">walmart0192</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password"></config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">itmgr</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ServerName">192.168.0.10</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="PrepareThreshold"/>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
</connector>

but i always get the exception:

80041:  2010-07-15 21:30:06,442 ERROR [CategoryEJB]
javax.naming.NotContextException: jdbc/testmydb

Note that I am not running a web app, just an EJB backend, so I am not
configuring anything in web.xml.  is the configuration in web.xml required?
I tried it and its the same result, but I would like to rule this out, that
web.xml resource-ref config is not required if not running in a web app.

The JNDI name under geronimo's JNDI viewer is: (resource adapters)
console.dbpool/testmydb/1.0/car

also shows:
jca:/default/wakapeek-persist-ear/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/testmydb

In the geronimo deployment plan i have a connector defined:

<app:module>
  <app:connector>tranql-connector-postgresql-local-1.2.rar</app:connector>
  <app:alt-dd>testmydb.xml</app:alt-dd>
</app:module>

Using dbpool in the geronimo console, i can query this database just fine.'

Any ideas?  Thanks alot.
Billy