geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rsumner <r...@sumnerfamily.com>
Subject inplace deployment and persistence.xml
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 06:47:24 GMT

I've been experiencing a very interesting error when playing around with
inPlace deployments and whole EARs.

I have gotten the applications deployed and what seem to be working with the
exception of OpenJPA and injection of the PersistenceContext into my Session
beans.  When the application initially deploys, I will see the following
error in my geronimo.out:

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not resolve reference
at deploy time for query
?name=persistence/mydb#org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.
No GBeans found.

In my session bean:

@PersistenceContext(unitName="mydb")
protected EntityManager em;

If I deploy the exact EAR without using the inplace method, it will deploy
and work flawlessly within Geronimo 2.1.5.

I tried taking the persistence.xml out of the ejb.jar/META-INF and putting
it in the base ear/META-INF, but that didn't seem to help.  I enabled debug
logging of the container, but it didn't seem to give me any helpful
information surrounding the exception about why it can't find that
persistence unit correctly.

I know the problem isn't related to the data source as I can see that deploy
just fine (yes, it's a application-scoped data source that's deployed with
the application in the geronimo deployment descriptor).

I'm at a complete loss.  Only other thing to mention is that Geronimo is
running as a non-privileged user.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
For now, I'll run a non-inplace deployment.