geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jigar Shah <js...@in.capitallegals.com>
Subject Not able to configure spring-agent on Geronimo
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:34:54 GMT

Hi,

In my application, we are using AsjpectJ. When I had deployed application on
Tomcat, it had given me error like below.

Error:
-----------------
with name 'org.springframework.context.weaving.AspectJWeavingEnabler#0':
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
with name 'loadTimeWeaver': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception
is java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader
[org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader] does NOT provide an
'addTransformer(ClassFileTransformer)' method. Specify a custom
LoadTimeWeaver or start your Java virtual machine with Spring's agent:
-javaagent:spring-agent.jar
-----------------

After that I have set JVM variable -javaagent as below

-javaagent:"{user.home}\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-instrument\3.0.0.RELEASE\spring-instrument-3.0.0.RELEASE.jar"

After setting above property, my problem was resolved. I am using
IntellijIdea editor.

But, Now when I deploy my application on Geronimo it is throwing below
error.

Error:
-----------------
with name 'org.springframework.context.weaving.AspectJWeavingEnabler#0':
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
with name 'loadTimeWeaver': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception
is java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader
[org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader] does NOT provide
an 'addTransformer(ClassFileTransformer)' method. Specify a custom
LoadTimeWeaver or start your Java virtual machine with Spring's agent:
-javaagent:spring-agent.jar
I am not getting how to resolve above issue. I am sure that I have to set
-javaagent variable somewhere but I don't know where and how to configure
it.

Notes: 1. Editor I am using is IntellijIdea 2. I am using maven Please guide
me regarding it. Please ask if you want more details.

Thanks