Thanks.  Setting GERONIMO_HOME to the correct directory is working.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jun 4, 2010, at 11:52 AM, Sarah Brake wrote:

> I'm trying to startup a geronimo 2.2 server using a symlink for startup.sh, but the server does not start up successfully.  We use this same setup for version 2.1.4 and do not have these problems.
>
> I have geronimo 2.2 installed on a device at /opt/geronimo-jetty7-javaee5-2.2.
>
> I created a symlink to this directory using the following command:
> $ ln -s /opt/geronimo-jetty7-javaee5-2.2/ current
>
> I then created a symlink to startup.sh:
> $ ln -s current/bin/startup.sh startup.sh
>
> If I run
> $ ./startup.sh
>
> the server fails to start up, having problems with starting console-jetty.  A partial trace is located below.
>
> If I run the startup.sh command directly from the /opt/geronimo-jetty7-javaee5-2.2/bin directory, the server starts up without error.

I don't really know why this worked on 2.1.4 and now doesn't work on 2.2. Pretty sure the problem is related to your GERONIMO_HOME setting. I don't think GERONIMO_HOME is being set differently. More that Geronimo 2.2 is probably more sensitive...

Starting geronimo 2.2 normally:

Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /home/kevan/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp

Starting geronimo 2.2 with your symbolic links:

Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /home/kevan/current/
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp

If I set GERONIMO_HOME=/home/kevan/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee2.2 and run with the symbolic links, the server starts correctly.

--kevan

--
In wine there is wisdom, in beer strength and in water- bacteria.