geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Debug a resource adapter - breakpoint locations?
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:56:32 GMT

On Jun 19, 2010, at 5:50 AM, weberjn wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to debug a JCA resource adapter by remote-debugging Geronimo.
> Could you give some hints, where I should start reading the Geronimo source?
> Where would I have to set breakpoints to see if the configuration is done
> right? Where is does the server call outgoing connections? Where is the
> point where the server gets an incoming call?

You don't mention which version of Geronimo. I think G 2.1.x or G 2.2 will be pretty similar...
Below applies to Geronimo 2.2.

There are several parts.

First, for outbound, the Geronimo server code is in plugins/connector/geronimo-connector.
For start processing, see doStart() method in:

Confusingly, there's also org.apache.geronimo.connector classes in the txmanager component
(which is TXManager and also Connector). See getConnection() method in:

For inbound, you'll want to look at OpenEJB. Start with the deploy() method (look for call
to resourceAdapter.endpointActivation(...))

Hope that helps...

View raw message