geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Putting our geronimo app into UAT
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:35:35 GMT

On Jun 20, 2010, at 6:25 AM, Billy Vandory wrote:

> We're deploying our application with geronimo into PAT this week. It's been a
> haul, but production is just around the corner.  Anyway, for production, I
> suspect best practice is to disable the geronimo console?  But my primary
> question is, how do I setup my application to be the primary app?
>
> Right now, pat.mysecretsite.com brings up the geronimo console.
Really? I'd expect it to bring up the welcome app.

>  Instead of
> that I want our real app to show up.  I tried changing the context-root to /
> but it didn't work.  I have geronimo 2.2 deployed with Tomcat.

Normally the welcome app is at /, and that may block access to anything else with context
root /.

I would have solved this by assembling a custom server including my app, and not including
the welcome app or the admin console, but it's rather late in the day for this approach for
you.  However, you should be able to use the admin console to unload or uninstall the welcome
app and admin console.  do the welcome app first :-).... after the admin console is unloaded
you wont be able to use it.

hope this helps
david jencks