geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System Derby Database question
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:29:59 GMT

On Jun 17, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Tim McConnell wrote:

> Hi, I'd like to configure and use the Geronimo embedded Derby database
> outside the default \var\derby directory, and actually outside the
> Geronimo installation directory. Does anyone know if this is possible ?? If so has anyone
done this ??

I've never tried this, but you can override the default 'derbySystemHome' attribute on the
DerbySystem GBean. Find the system-database module in config.xml and make it something like:

    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database/2.1.5/car">
        <gbean name="DerbyNetwork">
            <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
            <attribute name="port">${DerbyPort + PortOffset}</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="DerbySystem">
          <attribute name="derbySystemHome">var/derby</attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

I would assume that derbySystemHome can be configured to an explicit location, rather than
a relative location...

--kevan