geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Putting our geronimo app into UAT
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:47:31 GMT

On Jun 20, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Billy Vandory wrote:

> We're deploying our application with geronimo into PAT this week. It's been a
> haul, but production is just around the corner.  Anyway, for production, I
> suspect best practice is to disable the geronimo console?  But my primary
> question is, how do I setup my application to be the primary app?
> Right now, brings up the geronimo console.  Instead of
> that I want our real app to show up.  I tried changing the context-root to /
> but it didn't work.  I have geronimo 2.2 deployed with Tomcat.  I'm sure
> I'll find the documentation, but this post is just a contingency incase I
> don't find it on my own, as there is a lot riding on having this operational
> by tomorrow morning. I know this is a stupid question, but I'm just trying
> to get the thing done, I really do owe an advanced apology for this
> question.

I know people running with and without the admin console. Simplest to undeploy using deploy

./ undeploy org.apache.geronimo.configs/welcome-tomcat/2.2/car
./ undeploy org.apache.geronimo.plugins/console-tomcat/2.2/car

> On another happier note, working with Geronimo:
> I still have 2 other fairly major issues with JPA and Geronimo, but  I'll
> repost that later.  I'll have to fix those before we go into prod.  All in
> all, I'm fairly happy with G.  It's been a great 6 months working with it,
> and most of the problems (actually, I think ALL the problems) I had with it
> were configuration issues.  So, good job, Geronimo guys !

Thanks! Let us know about your JPA issues?

> By the end of PAT, the expectation is to have 4 geronimo 2.2 servers
> clustered on a single machine across 4 VM's... This week we're starting out
> with one VM.  Our target is 18K concurrent sessions on a single system
> (excluding DB) pushing 1 random request / 5 seconds / user. Can't wait to
> see the drop off curve !!  If this works out in PROD, Geronimo will become
> our corporate standard app server across all infrastructure (which means
> lots of new projects porting apps from WSAS to Geronimo, which means job
> security for at least another year :)

Cool. Thanks for the info.

View raw message