geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <off...@weberhofer.at>
Subject Re: Additional Parameters using TranQL Local Resource Adapter and MySQL
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 15:21:03 GMT
Dear David,

I'm currently using your updated version of ra, plus a patch that adds a (dummy) getter for
the CharacterEncoding property; without that, the setting can not be used.

I have deployed the connector in the way Forrest Xia suggested; what I still can not do, is
editing the database connector afterwards within Geronimo: I do not see the new connection
properties. Do they have to be defined somewhere else, too?

To my version I have additionally included the patch I've posted on http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TQL-25,
which allows usage of Eclipse to modify the sources (all the unimplemented methods have been
added, and Java 1.5 generics have been introduced wherever possible).

Best regards and many thanks for all your support,

Johannes Weberhofer

At 28.04.2010 02:58, David Jencks wrote:
> The patch you sent privately doesn't seem to agree with the mysql driver I have here.
 It also doesn't include the important bit, which is to have the MCF classes delegate to the
appropriate datasource class from the driver.

> You can set the properties whether or not they are listed in the ra.xml.  Hopefully the
admin console is smart enough to find them, but if not you can just edit your plan by hand.

> The postgres properties are already in recent tranql postgres wrappers.
>
> I'm uploaded snapshots of the current tranql.  I'm hoping to release them tomorrow, if
you can try them out that would be great.