geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Billy Vandory <>
Subject Putting our geronimo app into UAT
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:25:10 GMT

We're deploying our application with geronimo into PAT this week. It's been a
haul, but production is just around the corner.  Anyway, for production, I
suspect best practice is to disable the geronimo console?  But my primary
question is, how do I setup my application to be the primary app?

Right now, brings up the geronimo console.  Instead of
that I want our real app to show up.  I tried changing the context-root to /
but it didn't work.  I have geronimo 2.2 deployed with Tomcat.  I'm sure
I'll find the documentation, but this post is just a contingency incase I
don't find it on my own, as there is a lot riding on having this operational
by tomorrow morning. I know this is a stupid question, but I'm just trying
to get the thing done, I really do owe an advanced apology for this

On another happier note, working with Geronimo:

I still have 2 other fairly major issues with JPA and Geronimo, but  I'll
repost that later.  I'll have to fix those before we go into prod.  All in
all, I'm fairly happy with G.  It's been a great 6 months working with it,
and most of the problems (actually, I think ALL the problems) I had with it
were configuration issues.  So, good job, Geronimo guys !

By the end of PAT, the expectation is to have 4 geronimo 2.2 servers
clustered on a single machine across 4 VM's... This week we're starting out
with one VM.  Our target is 18K concurrent sessions on a single system
(excluding DB) pushing 1 random request / 5 seconds / user. Can't wait to
see the drop off curve !!  If this works out in PROD, Geronimo will become
our corporate standard app server across all infrastructure (which means
lots of new projects porting apps from WSAS to Geronimo, which means job
security for at least another year :)

Sent from the Users mailing list archive at

View raw message