geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rbaumhof <ralf.baum...@web.de>
Subject Accessing the parameter of a request leads to improper behaviour with special char codes like &auml;
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:53:43 GMT

I just figured out the follwoing problem

we are using myfaces in geronimo and because we come from Germany we use the
charset utf-8 in our pages. All pages have the properties charset=utf-8 and
pageEncoding="utf-8" in the @page directive.  We also have got a
SecurityFilter which watches our pages, and i.e. forces the user to
authenticate if he enters some protected pages. All works fine. Now i am
testing some new features, and therefore accessed the request from the
SecurityFitler with the statement:

String vid = request.getParameter("form:versteckteFormID");

This of course also works, but now on all pages of the application i can not
enter german special signs like &uuml; &auml; and so on. The problem only
occurs on input strings, data that is saved in the database is displayed
correct. Is there a reason for this behaviour, or is it a bug in faces
implementation??

in advance, much thanks for your help!!