There is a deadlock in the ActiveMQ 4.1.2, it would occurs sometimes while there are left messages in the message store.
Actually, there is only one line change :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/ActiveMQConnectionConsumer.java?r1=664079&r2=664078&pathrev=664079