Hi all.

I had an issue with calling EJBs (stateless) from the web layer.
In the web layer I was using CXF and doing an explicit JNDI lookup to retrieve the stateless EJB instance (proxy, to be more precise). The issue was that those EJB references were retrieved only once when CXF services were started. After some heavy load on the server, at some point the EJB call failed with message:

Bean '...' was undeployed.

I assumed this is as designed and didn't try to fix it.

However, to avoid it I replaced CXF with plain old servlet and in the servlet class I used @EJB to inject the EJB instances. Everything works fine so far but I wanted to make sure I did the right thing. Is it possible that I run in the same issue with this approach? As I understand it, Geronimo will inject one instance in each servlet instance (and there will be only one servlet instance by default) - this is by the specs. Does Geronimo (OpenEJB) take care of circumstances when the EJB is 'undeployed'? Will it inject a fresh instance?

Thanks! Answers much appreciated.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Any opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Company. Emails are susceptible to interference. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, do not open any attachments but please notify the EndavaIT Service Desk on (+44 (0)870 423 0187), and delete this message from your system. The sender accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in this email, or for its use or misuse, or for any act committed or omitted in connection with this communication. If in doubt, please verify the authenticity of the contents with the sender. Please rely on your own virus checkers as no responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug or virus infection.

Endava Limited is a company registered in England under company number 5722669 whose registered office is at 125 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1AR, United Kingdom. Endava Limited is the Endava group holding company and does not provide any services to clients. Each of Endava Limited and its subsidiaries is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another such entity's acts or omissions. Please refer to the “Legal” section on our website for a list of legal entities.