geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ashish Jain <ashja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java -jar server.jar is failing to start server.
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 06:03:11 GMT
refer this
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/changing-the-default-port-numbers.html

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Ashish Jain <ashjain2@gmail.com> wrote:

> The error clearly says 1099 port in use. Either free the port or specify
> portOffset variable in
> <GERONIMO_HOME>/var/config/config-substitution.properties.
>
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I was able to install geromino.Could see admin control as per this page
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/quick-start-apache-geronimo-for-the-impatient.html
>> if I am starting java -jar server.jar
>> then I am having problem.What should I check in ?
>> I am using geronimo-jetty7-javaee5-2.2
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.6.0_18)...
>> Starting Geronimo Application Server v2.2
>> [****                                    ]  11%   4s  Loading
>> org.apache.ger...2010-05-03 22:36:40,611 WARN  [RMIRegistryService]
>> RMI Registry failed
>> 2010-05-03 22:36:40,612 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while
>> starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
>>
>> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.2/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.2/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=RMIRegistry"
>> java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099; nested
>> exception is:
>>        java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>>        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.listen(TCPTransport.java:328)
>>        at
>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.exportObject(TCPTransport.java:236)
>>        at
>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.exportObject(TCPEndpoint.java:411)
>>        at sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.exportObject(LiveRef.java:147)
>>        at
>> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject(UnicastServerRef.java:207)
>>        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.setup(RegistryImpl.java:110)
>>        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.<init>(RegistryImpl.java:86)
>>        at
>> java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry(LocateRegistry.java:239)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.rmi.RMIRegistryService.doStart(RMIRegistryService.java:72)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:953)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:269)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:103)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:125)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:539)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:377)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:456)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:190)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:546)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>        at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:130)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:816)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$574e04df.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaemon.java:161)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon.java:78)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
>>        at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
>> Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
>>        at
>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:336)
>>        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:336)
>>        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:202)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.rmi.GeronimoRMIServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(GeronimoRMIServerSocketFactory.java:35)
>>        at
>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newServerSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:667)
>>        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.listen(TCPTransport.java:317)
>>        ... 33 more
>> [****                                    ]  11%   4s Startup failed
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.2/car failed
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>        at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:130)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:816)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$574e04df.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaemon.java:161)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon.java:78)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
>>        at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
>> Unknown start exception
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:522)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:190)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:546)
>>        ... 16 more
>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
>> Configuration org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.2/car failed
>> to start due to the following reasons:
>>  The service
>> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.2/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=RMIRegistry
>> did not start because Port already in use: 1099; nested exception is:
>>        java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>>
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:485)
>>        ... 18 more
>>
>>
>> --
>> Tapas
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message