geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Problem with log4j and geronimo 2.1.1
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 17:44:08 GMT

On May 7, 2010, at 11:26 AM, Marshall Crocker wrote:

> I'm having a problem getting geronimo 2.1.1 to use my  It works fine
with geronimo 2.1.4 but our production server is still at 2.1.1.
> And my file is in WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/
> This exception isn't very helpful and the fact that it works with 2.1.4 makes me think
that its a bug in geronimo 2.1.1.
> Any ideas on how to make it work without upgrading?

Applying this patch would fix your problem, I think:

Alternatively, use the "log4jFile" property, instead of "log4jResource" (you'd have to move
your log configuration file out of your app...).

View raw message