geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DayTrader on Tomcat
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 16:40:57 GMT
Probably you need to checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/samples
and build at least that with mvn -N, then try again with daytrader.

You may also need to download and build geronimo trunk, I don't know if there are dependencies
on trunk nor how up to date any published trunk snapshots might be.

david jencks

On May 6, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Dianne Richards wrote:

> I need more help. I downloaded the code again from the new link (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/samples/daytrader/)
into G:\geronimo\samples\trunk. From that directory, I did mvn clean install. I got the following
error:

> G:\geronimo\samples\trunk>mvn clean install
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.apache.geronimo.samples
> ArtifactId: samples
> Version: 3.0-SNAPSHOT

>   org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples:pom:3.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> Am I missing something, or should this work?
>
> Dianne
>
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Dianne Richards <dianner9@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Forrest - I had downloaded DayTrader from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/trunk.
I'll try it from the link you posted.

> Dianne
>

> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dianne,
>
> What code base you are working on? Recently I copy daytrader into Geronimo samples trunk
for future maintanence, the new URL is
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/samples/daytrader/
>
> If you get code from there, you can follow these steps to get a war which could be deployed
into Tomcat:
> 1. svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/ gsamplestrunk
> 2. cd gsamplestrunk && mvn install -N && cd samples && mvn install
-N && cd daytrader && mvn install
> 3. then check daytrader/assemblies/web/daytrader-web-jdbc/target for the war file, follow
the daytrader/assemblies/web/daytrader-web-jdbc/README to deploy to Tomcat

> Forrest
>

> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Dianne Richards <dianner9@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi - Donald Woods told me that he thought changes were being made to DayTrader in trunk
to create a war file that can be run on Tomcat. I downloaded the files and see some changes
in the code. But, when I build it I don't see any war file. Am I missing something? Or, how
close is it to being done? Any projected date?