geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any help for a total newbie with installation?
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 17:53:47 GMT
Sounds like a problem with your JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME setting.

On Ubuntu, I use:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

What's your output from ./geronimo.sh run? Should see something like:

$ ./geronimo.sh run
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /home/kevan/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre
Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.6.0_16)...
Starting Geronimo Application Server v2.2

--kevan