geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <off...@weberhofer.at>
Subject Re: Additional Parameters using TranQL Local Resource Adapter and MySQL
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 11:13:47 GMT
Dear David,

sorry for the late reply; I have had a look at the snapshots - but how can I update Geronimo
to use the new Drivers instead of the recent one?

Best regards,
Johannes

Am 28.04.2010 02:58, schrieb David Jencks:
> The patch you sent privately doesn't seem to agree with the mysql driver I have here.
 It also doesn't include the important bit, which is to have the MCF classes delegate to the
appropriate datasource class from the driver.

> You can set the properties whether or not they are listed in the ra.xml.  Hopefully the
admin console is smart enough to find them, but if not you can just edit your plan by hand.

> The postgres properties are already in recent tranql postgres wrappers.
>
> I'm uploaded snapshots of the current tranql.  I'm hoping to release them tomorrow, if
you can try them out that would be great.

> They are at http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/
>
> thanks
> david jencks
> On Apr 26, 2010, at 1:49 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> At the moment all the parameters have to be exposed as config properties through
the tranql wrapper.  They don't have to be listed in ra.xml however.

>> If you can come up with a patch to tranql quickly it will get released ASAP... I'm
currently waiting for my codehaus credentials to get straightened out, then I will work on
releasing tranql.

>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Apr 26, 2010, at 12:15 PM, Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH wrote:
>>
>>> I have a question related to the Geronimo 2.2 MySQL connector:
>>>
>>> Is there a way to define additional connection-parameters for database-pools
using the TranQL Local Resource Adapter? I need specifically the "characterEncoding=utf8"
parameter whilst connecting to a MySQL database. The JDBC connect-string looks like: jdbc:mysql://localhost/eusodanoe?characterEncoding=utf8
.

>>> Another issue I have is how to enforce an SSL connection on the postgres driver
( ?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory ).