geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: grail application deployment plan on geremino via command line
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 14:12:10 GMT
Hi Tapas,

I haven't looked at this in a long time ... probably the last time I
tried was on Geronimo 2.1.1 (but I don't really recall).

Here are some links and email threads on previous discussions of Grails
& Geronimo that might be of help.

Article (somewhat old now but worth a read):
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ag-grails/

Previous discussions on the user list (a link to the 1st mail in each
thread):
http://marc.info/?l=geronimo-user&m=121074097613835&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=geronimo-user&m=125402368616253&w=2

Previous discussions on the dev list (a link to the 1st mail in each
thread):
http://marc.info/?l=geronimo-dev&m=122358770909371&w=2

In short ... the last time that I looked into this you needed a Geronimo
plan that looked something like this if you want to deploy the Grails
WAR in a Geronimo Tomcat JavaEE assembly:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.2">
   <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
       <moduleId>
           <groupId>yourGroupId</groupId>
           <artifactId>yourArtifactId</artifactId>
           <version>yourVersion</version>
           <type>war</type>
       </moduleId>
       <hidden-classes>
           <filter>org.jaxen</filter>
       </hidden-classes>
   </environment>
   <context-root>/yourContextPath/</context-root>
</web-app>

And a plan that looked something like this if you wanted to deploy the
Grails WAR in a Geronimo Jetty JavaEE assembly:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.2">
   <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
       <moduleId>
           <groupId>yourGroupId</groupId>
           <artifactId>yourArtifactId</artifactId>
           <version>yourVersion</version>
           <type>war</type>
       </moduleId>
       <hidden-classes>
           <filter>org.springframework</filter>
       </hidden-classes>
   </environment>
   <context-root>/yourContextPath/</context-root>
</web-app>

I think that you can deploy the war file using a plan without any
special excludes (hidden-classes) if you are deploying it into either a
Tomcat or Jetty minimal assembly.

Hope that helps,
Joe