geronimo-user mailing list archives

From SunSeaAndPalms <SunSeaAndPa...@gmail.com>
Subject How to specify classloader for web application deployed on Geronimo.
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 22:22:06 GMT

Technologies that are used in my application requires classloader with
'addTransformer(ClassFileTransformer)' method and claims that Geronimo's
default org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader , doesn't
have it. So I need to setup my special class loader for my application
(war). I use Geronimo with Tomcat. I was told that specifying classloader is
a very simple process on Tomcat. Following example shows how to do it (The
file is named "context.xml"):

<Context path="/myWebApp" docBase="/my/webApp/location">
    <Loader

loaderClass="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.tomcat.TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader"/>
</Context>

The alternative for Geronimo is using "geronimo-tomcat.xml" in deployment
plan (I read about it from
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/os-ag-tomcat/ this doc ). The
problem is that there isn't a classloader property specified.

So my question is: How can I change default classloader with a special one
for my web application deployed on Geronimo?