geronimo-user mailing list archives

From zecas <zzzz_m...@hotmail.com>
Subject EJB in Apache Geronimo : Java client invokation
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 12:01:13 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a standalone java client application to an EJB in
Apache Geronimo, but with no success so far.

It's a starting project so I can learn something about EJB and remote
invocation, and ... well, I'll put some info and hope someone can put some
light on the matter.

My Geronimo has the following ports, which are displayed on console, when
starting up:

  Listening on Ports:
       0 0.0.0.0   Derby Connector
      80 0.0.0.0   Tomcat Connector HTTP BIO HTTP
    1099 0.0.0.0   RMI Naming
    1150 127.0.0.1 CORBA Naming Service
    2001 127.0.0.1 OpenEJB ORB Adapter
    4201 0.0.0.0   OpenEJB Daemon
    6882 127.0.0.1 OpenEJB ORB Adapter
    8009 0.0.0.0   Tomcat Connector AJP AJP
    8443 0.0.0.0   Tomcat Connector HTTPS BIO HTTPS
    9999 0.0.0.0   JMX Remoting Connector
   61613 0.0.0.0   ActiveMQ Transport Connector
   61616 0.0.0.0   ActiveMQ Transport Connector

I'm working with Apache Geronimo 2.1.2, in a windows system, installed
locally.

My EJB3 has the following definition:

@Stateful(name="test-bean", mappedName="test-bean-map")
public class TestBean implements TestLocal, TestRemote {

    public String hello(String user) {
        return "Hello " + user + ", welcome to this EJB!";
    }

    public List getList(String user) {
    }

}

And the interfaces, which are part of the EJB client JAR:

@Remote
public interface TestRemote {

    public String hello(String user);

}

@Local
public interface TestLocal {

    public List getList(String user);

}

The EAR has the EJB and a WAR module that successfully injects TestLocal and
uses it.

Now I've started a Java project from scratch, and inside a runnable class
main method I do something like:

        String hostName = "localhost";
        String port = "4201";

        Properties props = new Properties();

        props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
        props.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", hostName+":"+port);
//        props.setProperty("java.naming.security.principal", "username");
//        props.setProperty("java.naming.security.credentials", "passwd");

        Context ic = null;
        try {
            ic = new InitialContext(props);

            // java:comp/env/
            // @Stateful(name="test-bean", mappedName="test-bean-map")

            TestRemote testBean = (TestRemote) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
                    ic.lookup("test-bean"),
                    TestRemote.class
                    );

            String result = testBean.hello( "peter" );
            log( result );

        } catch(Throwable ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        } finally {
            if( ic!=null ) {
                ic.close();
            }
        }

The result:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid response from server: -1
    at org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.lookup(JNDIContext.java:277)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

I've tried using ports 1099, 1150 and 4201, with the same result. Shouldn't
I use port 4201 0.0.0.0   OpenEJB Daemon?

So what am I missing here?

In apache geronimo, where am I suppose to check the jndi name configured? I
can't seem to find it ... although it works on the webapp that goes with the
EJB (on the same EAR).

I've deployed the EAR to Geronimo, without any ejb descriptor and no
geronimo plan descriptor. The EJB uses annotations. But the webapp uses the
injected EJB dependency, so I assume it is properly configured.

Also, can anyone tell me where I should look for the available EJBs? In
JBoss I can check a tree of JNDI entries, and the EJB nammings can be found
there, but in Geronimo I cannot find this EJB name ... I searched in
console->Debug Views (JMX and JNDI) they both present a tree, but I didn't
find the EJB entry that was deployed.

Thanks