geronimo-user mailing list archives

From steve2727 <steve2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Any help for a total newbie with installation?
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 17:05:11 GMT

Hi, hope somebody can help me

I've been trying to install Apache Geronimo but have been hitting an issue I
can't resolve when I attempt to run the server.

I am hitting the same problem on the jetty7 version on Ubuntu 9 and both the
Windows Vista Jetty7 and Tomcat6 versions so I'm clearly getting something
pretty fundamental wrong

I have installed Java Runtime 6 (on both Ubuntu and Windows) but when I
attempt to run the server with factory settings (in the command window,
'geronimo run') it fails when trying to start up the SSL connector, saying
that the keystore geronimo-default is locked and to unlock it from the admin
console. However seeing as the admin console is accessed when the web server
is running...

I have found a few forum posts about issues in old builds of geronimo in
this area but nothing about anything this basic

Other that the factory default configuration I have also tried setting the
SSL plugin not to load but this causes futher errors.

If somebody could help me work out what I'm managing to get wrong it would
be much appreciated!

Thanks

Steve