geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any help for a total newbie with installation?
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 19:56:23 GMT

On May 18, 2010, at 3:19 PM, steve2727 wrote:

> Try as I might I cannot get the 'Using JRE_HOME :' line on startup to report
> anything other than a blank, regardless if it is unset or explicitly set.
> Following the above instructions reports both versions correctly (although
> mine are '1.6.0_15') but unsetting JRE_HOME and trying again results in a
> blank Using JRE_HOME line and the same failure
>
> However if this missing JRE_HOME is indicating the root of the problem it
> gives me something to go on more than before so I can investigate further,
> so thanks for that

Interesting... FYI, somebody showed up on IRC with the same problem on Ubuntu. I wasn't at
my computer, at the time, so didn't talk to them.

What version of Ubuntu are you using? I'm on 9.04.

$ /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_16"

So, slightly different version than yours, IIRC, but don't see that making much difference.

Have you tried using the gsh command, instead?

$ ./gsh geronimo/start-server

Even if that works for you, would still like to get to the bottom of this issue...

--kevan