geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Additional Parameters using TranQL Local Resource Adapter and MySQL
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:58:46 GMT
The patch you sent privately doesn't seem to agree with the mysql driver I have here.  It also
doesn't include the important bit, which is to have the MCF classes delegate to the appropriate
datasource class from the driver.

You can set the properties whether or not they are listed in the ra.xml.  Hopefully the admin
console is smart enough to find them, but if not you can just edit your plan by hand.

The postgres properties are already in recent tranql postgres wrappers.

I'm uploaded snapshots of the current tranql.  I'm hoping to release them tomorrow, if you
can try them out that would be great.

They are at http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/

thanks
david jencks
On Apr 26, 2010, at 1:49 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> At the moment all the parameters have to be exposed as config properties through the
tranql wrapper.  They don't have to be listed in ra.xml however.

> If you can come up with a patch to tranql quickly it will get released ASAP... I'm currently
waiting for my codehaus credentials to get straightened out, then I will work on releasing
tranql.

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Apr 26, 2010, at 12:15 PM, Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH wrote:
>
>> I have a question related to the Geronimo 2.2 MySQL connector:
>>
>> Is there a way to define additional connection-parameters for database-pools using
the TranQL Local Resource Adapter? I need specifically the "characterEncoding=utf8" parameter
whilst connecting to a MySQL database. The JDBC connect-string looks like: jdbc:mysql://localhost/eusodanoe?characterEncoding=utf8
.

>> Another issue I have is how to enforce an SSL connection on the postgres driver (
?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory ).