geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Additional Parameters using TranQL Local Resource Adapter and MySQL
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:49:07 GMT
At the moment all the parameters have to be exposed as config properties through the tranql
wrapper.  They don't have to be listed in ra.xml however.

If you can come up with a patch to tranql quickly it will get released ASAP... I'm currently
waiting for my codehaus credentials to get straightened out, then I will work on releasing
tranql.

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 26, 2010, at 12:15 PM, Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH wrote:

> I have a question related to the Geronimo 2.2 MySQL connector:
>
> Is there a way to define additional connection-parameters for database-pools using the
TranQL Local Resource Adapter? I need specifically the "characterEncoding=utf8" parameter
whilst connecting to a MySQL database. The JDBC connect-string looks like: jdbc:mysql://localhost/eusodanoe?characterEncoding=utf8
.