geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Axis 1.5.1 and Axis 1.3 incompatibilities
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 12:13:33 GMT

On Apr 5, 2010, at 6:45 AM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Please ignore the error I have poster earlier this is the error I hit.
> 16:12:02,468 ERROR [WarBasedAxisConfigurator] Clustering implementation class or
> g.apache.axis2.clustering.tribes.TribesClusterManager not found
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Clustering implementation class
>  org.apache.axis2.clustering.tribes.TribesClusterManager not found
>         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ClusterBuilder.buildCluster(ClusterBuilde
>         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.populateConfig(AxisConf
>         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.populateAxisConfiguratio
> n(
>         at org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.<init>(WarBasedA
>         at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(AxisSer
> I have tried using hidden classes explicitly specifying the class but I still hit the
same error.

You can't find TribesClusterManager, because you've hidden it, but aren't including it in
your application. To use an application embedded web services implementation, I think you'll
need to turn off the axis2 or cxf deployer. You won't need to use hidden-classes, if you do
this (not for axis2/cxf anyway...).

If you never plan on using the embedded web services implementation, you can remove deployers
all together. Or, you can temporarily disable. Something like the following should work:

./ stop org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2-ejb-deployer/2.1.4/car org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2-deployer/2.1.4/car

<deploy your apps>

./ start org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2-deployer/2.1.4/car org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2-ejb-deployer/2.1.4/car

It would be kind of nice to have some control over deployers from within a deployment plan...
Something to think about for the future...

View raw message