geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: geronimo 2.1.4 container managed transaction
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:54:25 GMT

On Apr 30, 2010, at 2:05 PM, Anshuk wrote:

> Ok David.
>
> Let me elaborate the scenario.
>
> I am deploying an ear..having the web & the ejb.The web part contains some
> web screens..(some jsps)..from which I am doing some inserts/updates..while
> doing so..the ejb is invoked which does the inert/update operations...the
> database used is oracle..the connection pool is used..for doing so..the
> TranQL Generic JDBC Resource Adapter is used..
> Now by default..setautocommit is always set to true..which we are setting to
> false (reason being in case of rollback using container managed transaction,
> the transaction should not be commited but rolled back) from the
> application.
>
> So when I am doing an insert..the row is not commited..even if it is done
> correct insert..with no exceptions...
>
> Do I need to change the tranql adapter? Can you advise.

You should use the latest tranql oracle wrapper instead of the generic wrapper.  I'm not sure
the latest one is distributed with g. 2.14, but it's here:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/tranql/tranql-connector-oracle-local/1.5/tranql-connector-oracle-local-1.5.rar

Again, use the correct tranql wrapper, and don't call setAutocommit() in your code.  If you
really have to use the generic wrapper, set the property CommitOnAutocommit to true.

thanks
david jencks