geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Marshall Crocker" <croc...@cavs.msstate.edu>
Subject Re: Issue starting Geronimo v2.2
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:28:00 GMT
It's also been my experience that paths with spaces do not work well with geronimo either.
 That was with earlier versions so it may not be a problem any longer.  Best to save yourself
some trouble anyway and just drop in c:\

Marshall

>> C:\Program Files\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2\bin>geronimo run
>> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   C:\Program Files\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2
>> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var\temp
>> Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
>> log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
>> Files\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2\var
>> \log\geronimo.log (Access is denied)

>The Geronimo server process needs write access to its install directory. I'm not much
of a Windows expert, but IIUC, recent Windows versions limit the ability of user programs
to write into the c:\program files\ >directory (by default, even accounts with admin privileges
don't have permission). You need to give your account permission to write into this directory
or, of course, install geronimo in an alternate location (e.g. c:\geronimo\).