geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue starting Geronimo v2.2
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:34:31 GMT

On Apr 17, 2010, at 1:46 AM, Pierre R Poteau wrote:

> Can anyone help me with this issue?
> I am new like a 1 dollar bill in Geronimo.

:)

> I apologize before hand if this
> post lands in the wrong section.

Not a problem Pierre. This is the right spot for a question like this...

> C:\Program Files\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2\bin>geronimo run
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   C:\Program Files\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var\temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
> log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
> Files\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2\var
> \log\geronimo.log (Access is denied)

The Geronimo server process needs write access to its install directory. I'm not much of a
Windows expert, but IIUC, recent Windows versions limit the ability of user programs to write
into the c:\program files\ directory (by default, even accounts with admin privileges don't
have permission). You need to give your account permission to write into this directory or,
of course, install geronimo in an alternate location (e.g. c:\geronimo\).

--kevan