geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question about developing Gbeans
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:16:23 GMT

On Apr 15, 2010, at 11:53 PM, Jenson283 wrote:

> the gbean were exposed as an mbean, the problem is that all my public methods
> were exposed in the method, although i got only a part of them added to my
> gbeaninfo.
>
> Yes my goal is it to prevent people from calling certain methods through

Well, you can't do that directly with gbeans.  I'm sure there are lots of other solutions,
but the one I can think of right now would be to have a non-serializable object with the hidden
method you can retrieve from the gbean.  Then something in-vm will be able to call it but
it won't be remotable so jmx won't be able to return the object to a remote client.

david jencks