geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rbaumhof <ralf.baum...@web.de>
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 07:26:52 GMT

Hallo,...

some days ago i focused on the problem "how to prevent the user pressing
twice or even more times enter or clicking a button several times" in a jsf
form. In my tests the problem only come's up with IE and hitting enter some
times. This problem is also discussed in
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=665472  or in
http://book.javanb.com/the-java-developers-almanac-1-4/egs/javax.servlet.jsp/myformts.jsp.html-l=new.htm.

However, the client side solutions don't work very good, especially
preventing enter seems to be a hard problem. I'am wondering if somebody has
got a very good working server side solution. I'am actually testing a
solution where i render a time token in the form and save this in an
Stateful Session EJB Vector list. First request is passed (time token is
saved in list), all subsequent request are blocked because the time token is
already saved in the list. This works so far that only one request saves
data. But i have got still 2 problems.

- Concurrent access on the jsf (session scoped) backing bean leads to
unpredictable errors.
- Which response should i send back to the browser on blocked requests.

Any idea?? Is there perhaps a good solution in the jsf framework??