geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing axis2 to geromino with jetty
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:16:07 GMT

On Apr 10, 2010, at 9:01 PM, curious4 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded Geromino with jetty 6 to my Windows Vista. It starts fine with
> the command:
> startup.bat
> What I want to do is to deploy the axis2.war and do:
> http://localhost:8080/axis2/index.jsp
> or the
> http://localhost:8080/axis2/Login.jsp
> and get to axis2.
>
> As I understand, I need to deploy the axis2.war to deployment directory of
> the web container (which is jetty in my case).
> Here I have some questions:
>
> 1. Where is this <<deployment directory>>? I see no <<webapps>>
directory.
> 2. Is there a configuration file (like xml) that points to that directory?
> Do I need to set it up? If yes, how?
> 3. My Jetty is jetty-6.1.7, my Geromino is 2.1.4, what is the best axis2
> version for these jetty and Geromino versions?
>
> My Java is IBM 1.5.0.

Our Wiki system is currently down. So, I can't point you at our docs. Here's some info...

First, general deployment options:

1. Use the deploy command -- ./bin/deploy.sh deploy <your-war-file> <your-optional-deployment-plan>
2. Use the admin console -- the admin console has a deploy function.
3. Use the hot deploy directory -- place your war file in the deploy directory.

Two, Geronimo Java EE assemblies include Web Services support. The default web services provider
for Jetty-based servers is CXF. The default implementation for Tomcat-based servers is Axis2.
You can change these defaults and run Axis2 with Jetty or vice versa. Unless you really need
to install Axis2 as a war file, I recommend you use our embedded web services support.

--kevan