geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: geronimo 2.1.4 container managed transaction
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 20:40:54 GMT
I don't understand your scenario.  The uncommitted work is done by the application client??

I don't recommend ever calling setAutoCommit from an application.  If you are outside a jta
transaction, you presumably want autocommit behavior.  If you don't, use UserTransaction.

Some drivers (including, last time I checked, oracle) are not jdbc spec compliant and do not
commit pending work when autocommit is turned on (the tranql wrapper uses setAutocommit(true)
to end transactions when wrapping non-xa connections/datasources).  To counteract this defect
there's a property CommitOnAutocommit you can use with the generic wrapper.  I recommend using
a db-specific wrapper where this problem should be taken care of.

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 30, 2010, at 1:11 PM, Anshuk wrote:

> Hello All, I am trying to use a ejb which insert/update a database and have configured
the ejb to handle container managed transaction. SampleEJB * RequiresNew The auto commit has
been set to false, when I am trying to insert a row, from the application client (within the
same server, same ear actually), there is no exception, but when I check the database, the
record is not shown in the tables. When the app. server is shut down, the records is shown
in the database table. This good scenario is not working. Only after this works successfully,
I will try for thr roll back scenario. Has anybody seen a simialr situation? Any workarounds??
Anshuk