geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade JPA
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:34:13 GMT

On Mar 8, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Russell Collins wrote:

> Thank you for the response.  I am using Geronimo 2.2.  The alias.properties file has
“.car” entries instead of “.jar” entries.  Are the instructions the same?

> I have org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car -> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa/2.2/car
.  Should this be

> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car -> org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

No. You want to leave the existing aliases along. car is a "configuration archive" which is
Geronimo specific. By default, we only provide car to car aliasing in the file, but you can
alias jar files, also. The car artifact that you reference is the Geronimo OpenJPA configuration
archive. You want to leave that alone. Instead, you want to instruct Geronimo that whenever
it looks for an OpenJPA 1.2.1 jar file, to look for a 1.2.2 jar file instead.

The following might work on 2.2 (leaving off the source version number would not work on 2.1.x):

org.apache.openjpa/openjpa//jar=org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

The following should work:

org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.1/jar=org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

--kevan