geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: EJB Life Cycle
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:38:15 GMT
I'm not a big java GC expert but...  I think that finalize will only
be called after the GC has decided your ejb instance is no longer in
use.  Whether or not the proxy it's holding is still in use will be
determined separately anyway.  My understanding is that generally  "I
want to help the GC" code doesn't actually help appreciably and mostly
gives you more code to install bugs in and maintain.

david jencks