geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Laponder" <marco.lapon...@kewill.com>
Subject unexpected high cpu load
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:56:43 GMT
Hi,

I am experiencing,while running my web application, a very high load on
the system where Geronimo is running (4 cpu's are busy).

I tried to find the cause of the problem by sending a kill -3 and
inspecting the java vm thread dump. I attached it to this mail but I
couldn't detect the cause of the problem of the CPU usage.

A number of threads are in the containsKey on the hashmap triggered by
the getResource on the MultiParentClassLoader which strikes me as odd,
can this be the source of the problem ?

Are there other ways to determine why the CPU is load is this heavy? Any
tips are appreciated.

Kind regards,
Marco Laponder