geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: EJB Life Cycle
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:35:35 GMT
Thank you for the input.  So basically what you are saying is that the Geronimo EJB container
will handle the lifecycle of the object "m_anotherEJB" and I do not need to be concerned about
this object hanging around more than it needs to?

From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:38 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: EJB Life Cycle

I'm not a big java GC expert but...  I think that finalize will only be called after the GC
has decided your ejb instance is no longer in use.  Whether or not the proxy it's holding
is still in use will be determined separately anyway.  My understanding is that generally
 "I want to help the GC" code doesn't actually help appreciably and mostly gives you more
code to install bugs in and maintain.

david jencks