geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade JPA
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 23:01:10 GMT
Ok, I think I should have read your statement with a little more understanding.  If I am not
mistaking you, the line

org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.1/jar=org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

may or may not be there.  If it is not there, I need to add this line.  That makes perfect
sense.

From: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 4:34 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrade JPA

On Mar 8, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Russell Collins wrote:

Thank you for the response.  I am using Geronimo 2.2.  The alias.properties file has ".car"
entries instead of ".jar" entries.  Are the instructions the same?

I have org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car -> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa/2.2/car
.  Should this be

org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car -> org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

No. You want to leave the existing aliases along. car is a "configuration archive" which is
Geronimo specific. By default, we only provide car to car aliasing in the file, but you can
alias jar files, also. The car artifact that you reference is the Geronimo OpenJPA configuration
archive. You want to leave that alone. Instead, you want to instruct Geronimo that whenever
it looks for an OpenJPA 1.2.1 jar file, to look for a 1.2.2 jar file instead.

The following might work on 2.2 (leaving off the source version number would not work on 2.1.x):

org.apache.openjpa/openjpa//jar=org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

The following should work:

org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.1/jar=org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

--kevan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail (email) transmission
(including attachments), is intended by MCLANE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES for the use of the named
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or protected as a trade secret. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any individual or entity other than the named addressee(s). If you have received
this email in error, please delete it (including attachments) and any copies thereof without
printing, copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by email reply immediately.