geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade JPA
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:02:54 GMT
Thank you for the response.  I am using Geronimo 2.2.  The alias.properties file has ".car"
entries instead of ".jar" entries.  Are the instructions the same?

I have org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car -> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa/2.2/car
.  Should this be

org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car -> org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

From: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 1:24 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrade JPA

On Mar 8, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Russell Collins wrote:

I know this information is out there somewhere as I have seen it on lists but I cannot find
it.  How would I go about updating the alias for the JPA provider.  Example, I am wanting
to upgrade from OpenJPA 1.2.1 to OpenJPA 1.2.2.  What steps do I need to take to accomplish
this or where should I look.  Thanks.

Your current jar resides in repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa/1.2.1/openjpa-1.2.1.jar

Create the openjpa 1.2.2 equivalents (repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/openjpa-1.2.2.jar).
There are admin console/command line tools to install for you. But they are equivalent to
mkdir/cp. If I'm dropping in a new jar, that's all I normally do.

Aliases are defined in var/config/artifact_aliases.properties add the following line:

org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.1/jar=org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/1.2.2/jar

Start your server.

--kevan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail (email) transmission
(including attachments), is intended by MCLANE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES for the use of the named
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or protected as a trade secret. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any individual or entity other than the named addressee(s). If you have received
this email in error, please delete it (including attachments) and any copies thereof without
printing, copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by email reply immediately.