geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mdb stops consuming from queue after redeploy
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:52:35 GMT

On Mar 10, 2010, at 5:33 PM, Ashwill, Steve (Facilities & Services) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have multiple applications deployed on Geronimo 2.2.
> Two of these are using message queues for processing async messages. It seems that if
we redeploy one of the apps then the other app’s mdbs stop consuming messages(the consumer
count drops to 0, but it doesn’t do it every time).  The display below was taken while all
is OK
> App1
> Connection Factory                FSConnectionFactory
                    Application-scoped              running
> Queue                                    ErrorLogQueue
                              Application-scoped              running       1   0
> Queue                                    OrderServiceQueue
                           Application-scoped              running       0   0
> Queue                                    esb.xxxxxxChangeOrderScopeQueue
               Application-scoped              running       4   0
> Queue                                    esb.xxxxxxCostSettlementQueue
                  Application-scoped              running       4   1
> Queue                                    InvoiceSettlementQueue
                        Application-scoped              running       1   0
> Queue                                    OrderStatusQueue
                            Application-scoped              running       1   0
> Queue                                    OrderInvoiceQueue
                            Application-scoped              running       1   0
> Queue                                    esb.EmailServiceQueue
                         Application-scoped              running       0   0
> Queue                                    esb.UpdatexxxxSummaryPoQueue
               Application-scoped              running       0   0
> Queue                                    xxxPurchaseOrderQueue
                        Application-scoped              running       1   0
> Queue                                    OrderConfirmationQueue
                       Application-scoped              running       1   0
> Queue                                    xxxxxxPurchaseOrderQueue
                      Application-scoped              running       1   0
> Queue                                    esb.xxxxxxCostSettlementQueue
                  Application-scoped              running       4   0
> Queue                                    xxxxPurchaseOrderQueue
                       Application-scoped              running       1   0
> Queue                                    esb.WarehouseSalesOrderQueue
                 Application-scoped              running       4   0

> App2
> Connection Factory                          FSConnectionFactory
     Application-scoped                        running
> Topic                                                TimerAdapterTopic
              Application-scoped                        running           4   6

> Anyone have any ideas?

How are your apps packaged? Where are your JMS Resources packaged? Are they deployed separately?
Or in the same EAR?

--kevan