geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sudden NullPointerException from ActiveMQSessionExecutor.wakeup
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:32:06 GMT

On Mar 29, 2010, at 8:27 AM, easyl wrote:

> hallo kevan,
>
> what do you mean close() exactly?
> I just use following send/reply pattern.

I meant something like Connection.close() or Session.close(). I'm not 100% certain, but I
think the codepath that is causing the NullPointerException is driven by close() (or cleanup
processing after an error has occurred). Avoiding the connection.close() call, might avoid
your error. Coulc you cache/reuse the Connection/Session/Consumer, rather than creating/tearing
them down? You might be able to avoid the problem, this way.

It sounded like you can also avoid using asyncDispatch=false. If you have slow consumers,
this might be a problem for you...

Would you be able to build a patched version of ActiveMQ? Would also like to know if that
fixes your problem...

--kevan