geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Jain <ashja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DeltaManager only support GenericPrincipal. Your realm used principal class org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.JAASTomcatPrincipal
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:02:23 GMT
Have a look at one of the existing login modules available in geronimo
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/2.1.4/framework/modules/geronimo-security/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/security/realm/providers/PropertiesFileLoginModule.java

Try out variaous samples and documentation available with geronimo to
understand more on how it works on geronimo
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/timereport-web-application-security-sample.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/security.html

thanks
Ashish

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM, mirceade <mirceade@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> For as little as I understand the login module is just responsible for *
> validating* the user/password combination but does not instantiate a new
> Principal. I have no mapping for the principals in the Geronimo deployment
> plan.
> As I've said, I don't really understand who's responsible in the end for
> setting the Principal's type and what I should modify to make it a
> GenericPrincipal.
>
> Thanks.
>
> 2010/3/12 Ashish Jain [via Apache Geronimo] <[hidden email]<http://n3.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=443936&i=0>
> >

>> I see from your security realm  that you are using a custom login module.
>> Are you also using custom principal class as well?? How are you adding
>> principals to geronimo in login module commit method?? How are mapping the
>> principals in your geronimo deployment plan??
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:04 PM, mirceade <[hidden email]<http://n3.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=443729&i=0>
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to use clustering for a Geronimo with Tomcat for a third party
>>> application following the instructions here:
>>> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V2.0.0/en/clustering.html
>>>
>>> I'm getting the following error:
>>>
>>> 2010-03-12 07:02:19,828 ERROR [DeltaRequest] DeltaManager only support
>>> GenericPrincipal. Your realm used principal class