geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploy.sh stty echo
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:25:34 GMT

On Feb 4, 2010, at 4:18 AM, Kees van Veen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just switched to geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2, and deploying our application with a
script that calls $GERONIMO_HOME/bin/deploy.sh now fails (on Ubuntu 9.10) because the last
line in deploy.sh is 'stty echo' which causes the script to exit with a non-zero status (stty:
standard input: Invalid argument) when input/output is redirected. Removing that line solves
my problem.

> Anyone else experiencing that ?

No, but sounds like we've introduced a problem.

FYI, this change was added to address -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4589

Perhaps you have a suggestion for a better ways of handling? Afraid my scripting-foo is weak.

You should creat a Jira.

--kevan