geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF 2.2 and class-loading issues
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:59:54 GMT

On Feb 20, 2010, at 3:33 PM, Alexandros Karypidis wrote:

> I've put the CXF 2.2.6 jars in repository/org/apache/cxf/xxx/2.2.6, alongside the 2.1.4
ones.

> Could you please give an example / point me to documentation for "artifact-alias entries"?

Have a look at var/config/artifact_aliases.properties

It will only contain alias entries for car artifacts, but you can also alias jar artifacts.
Something like the following, I think:

org.apache.cxf/xxx//jar=org.apache.cxf/xxx/2.2.6/jar

If I had to guess, I'd guess that aliasing won't work. But I've been wrong before...

> Meanwhile, I've checked out the trunk and am waiting for an "mvn install" to complete.
I may very well do the upgrade. CXF 2.1 will no longer be developed except for significant
issues (2.1.9 was the end of the line) and 2.2.6 is being adverized as the most stable release
ever (http://www.dankulp.com/blog/?p=182). So it'd be nice if Geronimo 2.3 used it (or even
2.2.1).

That would be great.

However, branches/2.2 (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.2) is your
best bet for making this change. trunk is working on EE6 and OSGi. It's not going to be very
stable for your purposes.

You'll need to bump cxfVersion in pom.xml. FYI, you'll find most/all of the integration code
in plugins/cxf.

--kevan