geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kees van Veen <kees.vanv...@kewill.com>
Subject Re: deploy.sh stty echo
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:53:34 GMT

Regards,
Kees

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: deploy.sh stty echo
From: Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Date: Tue 16 Feb 2010 03:30:55 AM CET

> On Feb 15, 2010, at 10:30 AM, Kees van Veen wrote:
>
>> Hi Kevan,
>>
>> The attached diff works for me, while still doing the 'stty echo' the exit status
of the Java command is preserved, so my script calling deploy.sh would still fail when Java
fails, but not when stty fails.

>> BTW why not do 'stty sane' (or both), as apparently exiting Java with an exception
does not reset the terminal properly ?

> Kees
> Beats me. Hoping that somebody who knows more about shell scripts (which isn't saying
much) will step in. I think they're distracted by a vacation at the moment...

> Could I ask you to create a Jira -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO and
attach your patch/diff to the Jira? Clicking the "Grant license to ASF" button makes it clear
that you are licensing your changes to the ASF. Clears up any potential licensing concerns.