On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:28 AM, rbaumhof <ralf.baumhof@web.de> wrote:

I am testing on Windows XP, with Sun's jdk 1.6 Update 14 and Sun's jdk 1.5
Update 20.
═ have downloades the Windows and other zip file ones again from an oher
download server. The sizes of the first and second download are equal. I
have tested the second installation again. There is the same effect, no
possibility to log in. áIndependant from me, a collegue has tested on Ubuntu
Linux, with the same result. He also uses Sun's jdk. The jdk was installed
as sdk version.

This is our starting skript. It always worked nice with geronimo 2.1, 2.1.2
and 2.1.4

set JRE_HOME=
rem set JAVA_HOME=c:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_14
set JAVA_HOME=c:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_20

set GERONIMO_HOME=d:\geronimo-tomcat2.2

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms96m -Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
-DGERONIMO_CONF=/d:/home/geronimo/var/config
-Djava.security.manager="java.rmi.RMISecurityManager"
-Djava.security.policy=/geronimo/bin/java.policy
Maybe the custom java.policy break admin console. See this jira http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4981

Forrest