geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo - EJB3.1 - Eclipse
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:30:58 GMT
I stand corrected.  There is an assembly that ships with Geronimo 2.2 that contains the various
3.1 classes including the Singleton.  It is the ejb31-api-experimental-3.1.2.jar.  The assembly
works when I explicitly add a reference to it in my project.  It does not work if I only have
a reference to the server libraries.  I do not know if that is intentional or not.  The EAR
file that I created does work when deployed to the server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Collins [mailto:Russell.Collins@mclaneat.com]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:47 AM
To: 'user@geronimo.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Geronimo - EJB3.1 - Eclipse

My initial thought was that Geronimo 2.2 would be using OpenEJB 3.1.2.  The server does contain
3.1.2 assemblies and my client assembly had to be upgraded to work with the new server.  However,
the EJB implementation assembly in Geronimo 2.2 does not have an implementation of the Singleton
annotation.  Someone please correct me but the EJB implementation in the Geronimo 2.2 server
is called geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec-1.0.1.jar and does contain the classes for the Singleton.
 Interestingly enough, this is the same assembly in version 2.1.4 of Geronimo as well.  Also
note that I am successfully referencing the Geronimo server from within my application and
build process.  Referencing Geronimo 2.2 and all of the assemblies within the server will
result in errors if I am trying to use the Singleton class.