geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <>
Subject RE: Geronimo - EJB3.1 - Eclipse
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:47:25 GMT
My initial thought was that Geronimo 2.2 would be using OpenEJB 3.1.2.  The server does contain
3.1.2 assemblies and my client assembly had to be upgraded to work with the new server.  However,
the EJB implementation assembly in Geronimo 2.2 does not have an implementation of the Singleton
annotation.  Someone please correct me but the EJB implementation in the Geronimo 2.2 server
is called geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec-1.0.1.jar and does contain the classes for the Singleton.
 Interestingly enough, this is the same assembly in version 2.1.4 of Geronimo as well.  Also
note that I am successfully referencing the Geronimo server from within my application and
build process.  Referencing Geronimo 2.2 and all of the assemblies within the server will
result in errors if I am trying to use the Singleton class.

-----Original Message-----
From: frapien []
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 1:35 AM
Subject: RE: Geronimo - EJB3.1 - Eclipse

Geronimo 2.2 is using [GERONIMO-4693]  OpenEJB  3.1.2, so
[GERONIMO-4918] - EJB 3.1 Singleton Support is in it.
please see
and try the OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin Alpha Release 1.0.0.alpha
which supports EJB 3.1 annotation

Russell Collins wrote:
> Thank you David.  I was not aware that there would not be full ejb 3.1
> support with this release.  Is there a list of ejb 3.1 features that are
> implemented?  I do not believe singletons is one of them.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail (email) transmission
(including attachments), is intended by MCLANE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES for the use of the named
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or protected as a trade secret. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any individual or entity other than the named addressee(s). If you have received
this email in error, please delete it (including attachments) and any copies thereof without
printing, copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by email reply immediately.

View raw message