geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo 2.2 GEP [Resolution]
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:39:01 GMT
Man, you guys are good.  I think that there should be something at the top of the page that
talks about upgrading from an existing GEP.  It should basically say what is being said at
the bottom.  Install GEP on a fresh Eclipse install as trying to uninstall/reinstall can cause
issues.  Or, it can be said that there can only be one GEP installed at one time.

I think that what is being said about uninstalling is clear enough.  However, I think I missed
this information because I never went to the bottom of the page.  I really thought that I
just wanted to upgrade my GEP.

From: chi runhua [mailto:chirunhua@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:07 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Geronimo 2.2 GEP [Resolution]

I am not sure if this sentence at [1] could explain the situation more clearly.

If not, I can help with the doc by adding a new section in [2] to elaborate the problem you
encountered.

[1]  http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/installing-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html#InstallingGeronimoEclipsePlugin-UninstallingGEP
[2]  http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/development-issues.html

Jeff C